Learn by doing! Come build a drone from scratch!
Want to learn about drone parts and assembly?
The best way to learn is to dive right in and build one from scratch. This hands on workshop will get you started with your very own 3D printed micro drone!
Interested in the kind of software and programming that’s involved in this exciting new technology?
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Assemble a quadcopter on top of a 3D printed frame that was designed specifically for these parts. They will be included in the workshop, but I can also send you the .STL file if you would like to try printing it yourself.
- Set up command and control bridge using WiFi, ESP8266 wireless chip, and your smartphone to control the drone.
- Set up and tweak the flight control board (SPRacing F3Evo Brushed controller) using the iNav configurator.
- Set up the ESP8266 WiFi chip to work with Blynk and SBUS protocol.
- Learn a little bit about drone flying techniques
The following prerequisites will be helpful, but are not required:
And don’t worry if you don’t know what any of this stuff means, or don’t have any of the equipment listed below. There will be extra equipment you may use for the build.
- Arduino IDE set up on your laptop with ESP8266 library installed.
- Blynk App (available for Android and iOS) already installed and set up on your device. LEARN MORE
- Download the images for a direct comparison.
- iNav configurator software setup on your laptop and bring it with you. YouTube How To Install
- Basic soldering skills a plus
- If you have a soldering iron and can bring it with you that’s great
Next exciting drone workshop is coming soon! Want to schedule one for a group, send us a note or give us a call!!!