Stand by. The next exciting drone workshop is coming soon!
Interested in the kind of software and programming that’s involved in this exciting new technology?
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Assemble a quadcopter on top of a 3D printed frame that was designed specifically for these parts. They will be included in the workshop, but I can also send you the .STL file if you would like to try printing it yourself.
- Set up command and control bridge using WiFi, ESP8266 wireless chip, and your smartphone to control the drone.
- Set up and tweak the flight control board (SPRacing F3Evo Brushed controller) using the iNav configurator.
- Set up the ESP8266 WiFi chip to work with Blynk and SBUS protocol.
- Learn a little bit about drone flying techniques
The following prerequisites will be helpful, but are not required:
And don’t worry if you don’t know what any of this stuff means, or don’t have any of the equipment listed below. There will be extra equipment you may use for the build.
- Arduino IDE set up on your laptop with ESP8266 library installed
- Blynk App (available for Android and iOS) already installed and set up on your device. Learn more.
- iNav configurator software setup on your laptop and bring it with you.
- Basic soldering skills a plus
- If you have a soldering iron and can bring it with you that’s great